The Structural Analysis Engineer leads our team of stress analysis engineers, providing technical direction to intermediate and junior-level engineers.
- One stop shop for concept, design, and analysis.
- Design / Review parts and assemblies using SolidWorks and/or Creo.
- Provide mechanical design / integration support and technical expertise to other engineering functions.
- Provide stress analysis support and technical expertise to other engineering functions.
- Organize, supervise, and ensure the quality of stress reports and formal compliance documents to fulfill the verification requirements.
- Integrate the overall structural analysis approach for the system with the project’s lead engineer, in accordance with customer requirements.
- Strong knowledge of structural analysis including static and dynamic analysis.
- Participate in engineering technical reviews and design / product configuration decisions as a subject matter expert.
- Continuously improving technical knowledge based on new developments in structural analysis methodologies and software.
- Act as a mentor for less experienced design and stress engineers on the team.
Key Evaluation Criteria
- Degreed professional in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Demonstrated progression in technical analysis responsibilities.
- 9+ years of experience developing finite element models and analyzing mechanical and/or electro-mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated experience using PATRAN, FEMAP, and/or NASTRAN.
- Must have experience within NASA or the aerospace industry.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.