NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Design, Analysis, Assembly, Project Management, and Integration & Testing Support.
We collaborated with our government customer to provide timely technical solutions that met budget, schedule, and quality requirements for critical JWST hardware.
NASAGSFC requested engineering services for managing the end-to-end design, development, and delivery of specialized instruments and support activities for JWST.
Newton has been a partner of the JWST program since inception. We provide specialized products, solutions, and engineering services for it's development.
As the world's most powerful space telescope ever built, JWST is a high-priority collaboration between NASA and its international partners that will revolutionize our understanding of deep space.
Operating under a highly time-sensitive schedule, Newton:
• Provided project management of multiple teams to design, analyze, procure, integrate, and test critical hardware;
• Performed structural and dynamic analysis to ensure strength, alignment, and fracture requirements were met using linear, non-linear, and multi-physics tools;
• Supported mechanical testing including: vibration, modal, acoustic, and static/strength;
• Managed test logistics, coordination of thermal vacuum testing, mechanical testing, operational and functional testing, and life-cycle testing;
• Coordinated logistics between NASA and the European Space Agency;
• Developed integration and test documentation including plans, procedures, and scripts.